Find the answer to your Linux question:
Wanring. Linux Newbie. If the question doesn't make this obvious. Am using Linux Ent. 10.1. The installed version of the kernel (kernel-default package) is 2.6.16.20-0.12 while the available version is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installed Version vs. Available Version

Wanring. Linux Newbie. If the question doesn't make this obvious.

Am using Linux Ent. 10.1. The installed version of the kernel (kernel-default package) is 2.6.16.20-0.12 while the available version is 2.6.16.13-4. Seems a bit odd to me, but OK. My problem is, however, that I am installing an application that needs the kernel header files. So, I go to install those and I get version 2.6.16.13-4, the available. The app I'm trying to install notices that the kernel version is different that the kernel source and will not install.

How do I get the kernel source in line with the installed kernel? Or am I just totally off base.

Which distro are you using? There's nothing like Linux Enterprise 10.1 out there, be a little more specific.
    Usually an update to the whole sytem should put all the packages in on any distro
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums