Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok im trying to install gentoo i have my base sytem all working th only problem is when i boot into gentoo i get this error and i have compiled ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

kernel problem

ok im trying to install gentoo i have my base sytem all working th only problem is when i boot into gentoo i get this error and i have compiled and re-installed the kernel like 4 times since i first got this error and i still keep getting it i thought i had the DEVFS compiled into my kernel but i guess not does anyone know where at in the menuconfig it is at thanks.

Code:
    The gentoo linux system initialization scripts have detected that your kernel has been compiled without devfs support. because gentoo linux has been designed to work with devfs, it is required that you compile support for it into your kernel
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Engineer
    are you using kernel 2.6? if so you have to manually turn on devfs support and also tell the kernel to mount it at boot.... i got that same message when i installed 2.6.4... it was easy to fix once i compiled devfs support into the kernel and made it mount at boot...
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr