Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the following error spewing all over my logs and causing big problems from the sheer number of logs (dozens if not hundreds per second!) Code: udevd[1019]: get_netlink_msg: unable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

udev unable to receive kernel netlink message

I have the following error spewing all over my logs and causing big problems from the sheer number of logs (dozens if not hundreds per second!)
    Code:
    udevd[1019]: get_netlink_msg: unable to receive kernel netlink message: Socket operation on non-socket
    I have tried recompiling my kernel with these compiled direcly into the kernel
    Code:
    General Settings --> 
      Export task/process statistics through netlink (EXPERIMENTAL)
    and
    Code:
    Networking --> 
      Network Options --> 
        Network packet filtering (replaces ipchains) --> 
          Core Netfilter Configuration --> 
            Netfilter netlink interface
              Netfilter NFQUEUE over NFNETLINK interface
              Netfilter LOG over NFNETLINK interface
    in order to try to make it stop, rebooted into new kernel but it still hasn't helped. I have only found one reference to this on the web which is where I got the idea to recompile the kernel with these settings (http://www.mail-archive.com/lfs-dev@...msg08651.html). I'm using udev-103.

This page http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...11.3/0304.html says that I should have it enable with config_net by default but then why the heck is it complaining about this a million times a minute?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

No ideas, just that if you are not a developer, it's quite useless to enable that feature just to be sick of crashing.

Best Regards