Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was trying to install Ndiswrapper, but it gave me a warning, saying that my kernel had an issue with CONFIG_4KSTACKS....so I downloaded a 16k stack kernel for my architecture ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kernel issues and Ndiswrapper

I was trying to install Ndiswrapper, but it gave me a warning, saying that my kernel had an issue with CONFIG_4KSTACKS....so I downloaded a 16k stack kernel for my architecture off of linuxant driver loader.

I had previously been trying to install the stack 16 kernel incorrectly...however, now I have installed it right, as when i type uname -r in console it writes:
    2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.stk16
    Problem is, now I get a whole new set of error messages with trying to install ndiswrapper, heres a copy of the console:

[root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.33]# make
    make -C driver
    make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ccoscina/ndiswrapper-1.33/driver'
    Can't find kernel build files in /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.stk16/build;
    give the path to kernel build directory with
    KBUILD=<path> argument to make
    make[1]: *** [prereq_check] Errpr 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ccoscina/ndiswrapper-1.33/driver'
    make: *** [all] Errpr 2
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.33]#

I tried making a folder named 'build' in /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.stk16/ which would be a copy of the folder called 'kernel', as that seems to have the files neccesary....although I'm not 100% sure...but, it wouldnt let me make a folder called build for whatever reason (I could make a folder called Build...but i guess build is somehow taken up already?????) If anyone has any clue how to remedy this....let me know. Thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    You must install the kernel headers and kernel source that match your system.
    Guides to take you there:

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mj...#kernelheaders
    http://www.linuxforums.org/network/w...and_linux.html

Regards