Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am planning to implement TCP protocol at user level in linux(Fedora core 4). I have successfully written code for creating a packet and Capturing a packet. But have no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TCP/IP protocol in user level

I am planning to implement TCP protocol at user level in linux(Fedora core 4).
    I have successfully written code for creating a packet and Capturing a packet. But have no idea to proceed further. I have read in a book that TCP/Ip needs IPC mechanisms. Where can i find these on net. If anyone wishes to join me in my effort you are welcome.

Thanks in advance....

Next thing is to create a server program on one computer and a client program on another.

For example, the server echoes everything back. You connect the two computers and write "Hello World" into your command line client program and are getting the same string back.

I used once a book with examples in C, title like "TCP/IP programming in C" or the like, a small book of around 100 pages, author from the University of Kentucky, and for Perl two or three from the O'Reilly suite of Perl books. But one with server and client examples should already do it.

All programs are relatively short and I guess, the example code from those books were also available on the Internet for free.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.