Find the answer to your Linux question:
please can anyone give me the code which converts offeset addressing of blocks to block addressing (track, sector). Actually we want to Convert the offset addresses to block addresses.Reply as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Sector Reading From Harddisk

please can anyone give me the code which converts offeset addressing of blocks to block addressing (track, sector). Actually we want to Convert the offset addresses to block addresses.Reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mandar_999
    please can anyone give me the code which converts offeset addressing of blocks to block addressing (track, sector). Actually we want to Convert the offset addresses to block addresses.Reply as soon as possible.
    Is your software specific to any file system?
    Could you please explain a bit more about wat u intend to do?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!

Unhappy need help

actually we r doing a project on linux kernel.
    our aim is to check the performance of disk scheduling algorithms for different types of disk reading, (i mean for sequential,random).
    our guide want to read files from different sectors,different tracks,i mean he want us to read from hard disc by specifing the sector,track no.in the program.
    we r not getting how to do that plz someone help us out

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Smile

First of i want to say I got limited knowledege ...i know a bit about file system...if you are look to retrieve from address of Ext file system.They Use
    group descriptors.
    is your project specific to any file sytem ? or just reading from hard disk regardsless of File system?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org