Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know if this is the right forum to post in for help but I'll try anyway. Well the problem is that i have the Linux booting on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kernel Help

I don't know if this is the right forum to post in for help but I'll try anyway. Well the problem is that i have the Linux booting on my Samsumg S3C2440 which contains a ARM 920T at 400MHz but the frame buffer doest work since the display is controlled by the nvidia chip, and the linux I have doesn't know how to make this chip work.
    I know it boots because when I conect the USB cable to my XP is shows up as "Ethernet Gadget" which is how the linux kernel identifies it self when connected to a PC.

Just Joined!
    hi buddy,

when ur connecting ur ARMboard to pc isnt any "uboot or redboot" prompt is getting at ur hyperterminal,that uboot will support tftp to download ur bzimage to the ARM board.

generally technical assistance is provided by the fellows from whom u purchased that board(any how out of anxiety i am asking for what ur using that arm9 board)

Just Joined!
    I'm using a arm9 because thats the only board my device can take. The boot option i'm doing is booting it from WinCE 4.2 Net using HARET from handhelds.org
    the kernel I'm using is not mounting with the initrd so its not made it able for me to login using telnet. Is there a way i could see the kernel booting message, or do i have to recompile the kernel to get the frame buffer to work with my nvdia chip?