Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey. Why isn't there any projects based on artificial intelligence inegrated into the kernel? Could'nt it be possible to use a language like perl to implement an artificial intelligent program ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

kernel artificial intel?

Hey. Why isn't there any projects based on artificial intelligence inegrated into the kernel? Could'nt it be possible to use a language like perl to implement an artificial intelligent program to make linux smart. And implement fuzzy logic around the OS. That would cause linux to beat out commercial vendors...?

Quote Originally Posted by infinet_e
    Hey. Why isn't there any projects based on artificial intelligence inegrated into the kernel? Could'nt it be possible to use a language like perl to implement an artificial intelligent program to make linux smart. And implement fuzzy logic around the OS. That would cause linux to beat out commercial vendors...?
    At first, I think that Perl or something like that would be a bad choice as Perl runs always above on C.

There are already enough problems with the upgrading to the gcc compiler. Why inherit even more problems?

At second, I don't have now the right examples ready but when I read some kernel books I was already impressed by a few remarkably sophisticated concepts.

If someone wants to change or enhance them he can simply do that. Take the sources, make your changes and compile it. It's as easy as that.

I don't know how it is regarding the GPL if someone wants to bring that on the market. But someone who's intention it is to beat comercial vendors will surely have an idea.

At third, I think AI concepts often rely on a knowledge base with some larger amount of data, unfortunately. This doesn't make the kernel faster.

At fourth, all those kernel methods should have been understood by the kernel programmers who write mostly drivers. Even now at this time, this isn't the case unfortunately. If the concepts are too many and too complicated and the kernel programmers don't apply them in a proper way, you will have lots of slow and flaky drivers. People will experience then a slow down in performance because of those drivers and blame wrongly the now so much intelligent kernel for that.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.