Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I want to write an LCD Driver module for linux kernel 2.6. I had previous experience of writing drivers but not lcd. Can any one give me some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Writing an LCD Driver

Hi all,
    I want to write an LCD Driver module for linux kernel 2.6. I had previous experience of writing drivers but not lcd. Can any one give me some sample code or tell me which is the best document to study. Is the framebuffer driver concept can apply to LCD Driver writing.

Regards,
    Yugandhar.

Just Joined!
    hi,

What lcd screen ur having is it any 320x240 like or any 20x4 fixed character with character display ram(cdram)

If ur using 320x240 what size u have made for ur character like 5x7 matrix ,
    How many layers ur lcd has??

First is there any controller for that lcd panel of urs.if so How is its interface to ur controller (spi,parallel)

bye,
    raja

Just Joined!

Writing an LCD Driver

Hi,
    I am using S1D1 3256 controller to driver the LCD and the interface is parallel. Now can you give me suggestions in writing it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You may consider looking at the source for the X.org drivers or Kdrive. They already contain LCD drivers. Would it be possible for you to use these existing drivers? Maybe a cut down version if needs be?

Just Joined!
    Customising the existing drivers to your embedded product might take a lot of modifications in existing code .Driver specific to that s1d1 epson controller is required it is like activating the registers in epson controller .....

I am seeing how to write one for you, need some time I hope u know how to register with a major number,what should be bought into file operations structure.... all the fundamental blah blah... u have to implement as character driver.