Need help in creating a sample driver diskette
I have been trying to install a driver using “linux dd” boot option but facing some issues. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Following are my queries; I am newbie in this area so please forgive if I have asked any silly thing
1. Is it possible to write a small hello-world program, compile it to kernel module (.ko) and create a driver disk from it?
2. How to create modules.cgz file using the .ko file and what should be the contents of modules.cgz file?
3. Which files are mandatory for creating a driver disk and what is the procedure to generate them?
4. Almost all the tutorials that I have found says about saving the required files to a floppy disk, but my machine does not have a floppy disk. Can I save the files to USB/CD?
5. How to check that your driver is installed successfully?
Any pointer to the detail guide for creating drivers and saving it to diskette will be of great help.