Pre-boot access of USB device?
* I want to access a (CCID) USB smartcard reader pre-boot (i.e. inside a boot loader).
* The smartcard contains a key for disk decryption by TrueCrypt.
* The system needs to boot via TrueCrypt using the key obtained from smartcard.
My question are:
* What USB device access APIs are available in boot loader context (either LILO or GRUB)? (Note the smartcard does not appear as a (standard supported) USB mass storage device.)
* After reading the key from the USB device inside Linux boot loader, how can I subsequently start the TrueCrypt boot loader in order to continue & finish the boot?
Thank you for your time,