Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i grew up with windows and now that I can do anything i want with windows, i want to learn about linux. So i got Knoppix from the live ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

new and need help please?

Hi, i grew up with windows and now that I can do anything i want with windows, i want to learn about linux. So i got Knoppix from the live cd installed it to my harddrive which took me a week to figure out how. Here is what i need help on.

I dont know any codes, i dont know how to install anything right now i need Amsn. I dont know how to download or install anything i have been trying to read up about it but everyones problems are different. I have never in my life used linux before and i am at the breaking point of re installing windows because im so frustrated that i cant do anything

I am female and i am only 18 so im not exactly what you call experianced in the linux world at all, i just need help installing Amsn and that is the only this i would need help for now. Thank you hope to get a responce very soon

Welcome to the forum. This thread might help you get AMSN working:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/kno...8430-amsn.html

And for a little more overview on Linux in general:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Hi and Welcome !

Does your machine has internet access? You can use Synaptic Package Manager ( under System on the KDE Menu ) to install amsn. Type amsn in Search box of Synaptic and install it.
    Or Download amsn package and save it on Desktop. Open Konsole and execute this
    Code:
    cd Desktop
    su 
    dpkg -i amsn_0.95+dfsg2-0.3_i386.deb
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First