Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 2 partitions with old windows files like games etc. I cant delete them because they are read only i have tried to change it by swithing permissions the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Can't deleta files on both partitions

I have 2 partitions with old windows files like games etc. I cant delete them because they are read only i have tried to change it by swithing permissions the rwx but it still says it is read only. What can i do?

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

The Parted Magic LiveCD would be an easy tool to use for working with your partitions:

Parted Magic

It's a small download and burn to CD and is a great tool to keep handy for working with Linux and/or Windows partitions. It's very easy to use, too.

Edit: Oops... I might have just misread your post. I was thinking you were trying to delete the partitions, but maybe you just mean the files on the partitions?
    oz

Just Joined!
    i meant the files on the partitions EDIT: OK, so it was like this a virus or me have deleted the registry file for windows and now i had to start linux i think it better so now i wanted to install it. I says that there is not enough space for the system so thats why i want to delete the other files to free up the space. Please help me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Dude,
    I dont have solution to this problem,
    But as far as my knowledge, Morst of the distrubutions does not have Full r/w access to NTFS File system
    May be you Can try in some small distrubitions Such as DSL Linux live CD
    to delete the unwanted files from Windows,Well some of these logics are Unofficial
    However if you would have done these partitions in FAT32 you wont be facing the problem in reading or writing files to your windows drive

If you find permanent Cure for this problem Let Me know,

Cheers
    Shreevathsa