Find the answer to your Linux question:
well I downloaded the this and put it on a cd then restarted turned it to start with cd and when it booted up it went to vaio recovery system? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problems with knoppix

well I downloaded the this and put it on a cd then restarted turned it to start with cd and when it booted up it went to vaio recovery system? why is this? this isn't what ts supposed to do is it?

When you burned the disc, did you just add that file or did you burn it as an image? When you look at the contents of the disc do you see one file or an entire folder structure?

Just Joined!
    I think I burned it as an image thats what it said when it was burning it to a cd. so how do you do it the right way?
    thanks, brandog

oz
    forum.guy
    Here's a HowTo you can follow to make sure you burn the image properly:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ins...nstall-cd.html
    oz

Just Joined!
    you have no idea how many places I looked trying to find this lol but thanks a lot man! Im really thinking of getting lenux just want to make sure its what I want before I go installing it. what do u guys think is the best open sorce? is there a thread explaining the differences between all of them Ive just been googling them all and looking at utube but that really doesn't do anything for me I guess Ill just have to try them all out. unless there is a thread

oz
    forum.guy
    Have a look at the link in my signature for lots of good information on getting started with Linux.
    oz

Just Joined!
    alright you thanks for that but what about the questions before one. (thanks bigtom)