Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I shall try Ubuntu Gutsy Gibben. It is a big file to download and will use a large amount of my monthly allowance so I hope it will work. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu

I shall try Ubuntu Gutsy Gibben. It is a big file to download and will use a large amount of my monthly allowance so I hope it will work.

I am still puzzled as to why, on the occasion that Knoppix on the laptop detected the LAN I was still unable to download webpages using either browser. Can anyone give me a reason for this, please?

I shall try Ubuntu Gutsy Gibben. It is a big file to download and will use a large amount of my monthly allowance so I hope it will work.
    You can request a free Ubuntu Installation CD from here. It will take a few weeks though. I receive CD here in India within 3-4 weeks.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Update

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been so busy this year.

I finally got around to downloading the latest version of Ubuntu. What a great OS it is! I ran it as Live CD and my Epson printer was quickly set up and running. Unfortunately I still could not get onto the Internet on my desktop computer as my SWLUT-54125 USB wireless network adaptor was not detected.

I then tried Ubuntu on my Acer laptop. This has integrated Atheros AR 500G wireless adaptor. Ubuntu recognised it, I entered my WEP key and was connected to the Internet.

Presumably the problem with my desktop computer is that the Wireless LAN adaptor is plugged into a USB port. If anyone knows of a solution to my problem I would be very grateful.

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Presumably the problem with my desktop computer is that the Wireless LAN adaptor is plugged into a USB port. If anyone knows of a solution to my problem I would be very grateful.
    This thread is pretty old now and I would suggest you to start a new thread in Wireless Forum.

Glad to know that most of your problems have been sorted out. Ubuntu is one of the best distro indeed.
    Enjoy Linux !
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2