Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to use Knoppix on a Gateway laptop using an Intel Core2 T7200 CPU at 2.0 GHz, with 2 GB RAM. Video is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix will not boot on laptop

I'm trying to use Knoppix on a Gateway laptop using an Intel Core2 T7200 CPU at 2.0 GHz, with 2 GB RAM. Video is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. I've tried both the 5.1.1 and 4.0.2 versions, and both start the initial boot process but hang with a blank screen during configuration. It's fast, but it looks like it says something about the AC battery configuration just before the screen goes blank and hangs up. --I'm able to boot fine on a different Gateway laptop that is brand new and uses an Intel Pentium Dual T2330 CPU @ 1.6 GHz and 2.0 GB RAM. Video is Mobile Intel 965 Express. Anyone got any ideas on what might be causing the hangup on one but not the other?

It a Graphics Card problem. Knoppix is not configuring your Graphics Card properly.
    Try
    Code:
    xmodule=vesa
    or
    Code:
    xmodule=nv
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Knoppix will not boot on laptop

I hate to sound ignorant, but there's no help for it. Where do I enter this command? Knoppix doesn't finish booting, so I can't get to a command line. Do I enter this in the Windows command line prior to booting to Knoppix? Thanks for your patience and help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Type command at boot screen at startup and hit enter key.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First