Find the answer to your Linux question:
After remastering 5.1.1 I have a problem how to get kde-settings load from cd. After making my new CD when I try it xsession starts up and goea directly to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remastered knoppix 5.1.1 and problem getting KDE working correctly

After remastering 5.1.1 I have a problem how to get kde-settings load from cd.

After making my new CD when I try it xsession starts up and goea directly to kpersonalizer. When I quit there session starts without KNOPPIX, Ice Weasel and Konsole menus.

When I watch /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config nothing from /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config was copied instead there are only some default things.

What is the problem with my remastered CD.

Hi - If you're just booting from a CD none of your settings will be saved by default, because Knoppix is loading into your RAM. When you shut down Knoppix, every setting you've configured is lost.

As far as I know you would need to install Knoppix to a hdd to save settings, in which case it becomes a rather neat Debian clone.

All the best - fingal
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal View Post
    As far as I know you would need to install Knoppix to a hdd to save settings, in which case it becomes a rather neat Debian clone.

All the best - fingal

I'm making my CD from already HDD installed source where I've done things what remastering guide in knoppix.org says. So my /knx/etc/skel/ in my hdd is now what it should be in /home/knoppix after booting from new cd but settings inside .kde-directory are not from /knx/etc/skel nor /knx/home knoppix (also the contents of /etc/skel/.kde seems to be right in cd). Instead these are some original contents which are generated during startkde.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close