Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I believe apache and php come with knoppix so you may be able to just start the apache daemon and have it work. I don't havea knoppix cd so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I believe apache and php come with knoppix so you may be able to just start the apache daemon and have it work. I don't havea knoppix cd so I can't check but this was the case in the past. You can log in to a terminal and just do a 'whereis', 'which' or 'locate' command to see if apache and/or php are on the cd. I'm not really sure that it will do you much good because you won't be able to save any files to a cdrom.

Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    I believe apache and php come with knoppix so you may be able to just start the apache daemon and have it work. I don't havea knoppix cd so I can't check but this was the case in the past. You can log in to a terminal and just do a 'whereis', 'which' or 'locate' command to see if apache and/or php are on the cd. I'm not really sure that it will do you much good because you won't be able to save any files to a cdrom.
    but when i boot slax server live..it lets me save php scripts to htdocs..yes there deleted once i reboot/turn off comp but as long as the live cd is running you can save files to a directory cant you? also how do i start the apache daemon?

Linux Guru
    /etc/init.d/apache2 start
    To stop change 'start' to 'stop', to restart change 'start' to 'restart'. You could use konqueror to go to /etc/init.d/ directory to see if there is an apache2 executable there. That's where it should be.

when i activate it ..should the htdocs dir appear?

Linux Guru
    If it doesn't just create the directory. "cd /var/www/", "mkdir htdocs"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2