Find the answer to your Linux question:
Every thing works fine from cd, I install to hd (Debian) and no network scripts and when i go to configure network card option I get : su has returned ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation internet problems on 5.1.1 hdd install (NOT WIRELESS)

Every thing works fine from cd, I install to hd (Debian) and no network scripts and when i go to configure network card option I get : su has returned with an error (in fact almost everything else does too) the other non-debian installs work fine but are slow!!! PLease dumb down any replies...am complete newbie. Thanks

Hi and Welcome !

Are you using Debian or Ubuntu? Ubuntu 5.1 is very old and not supported by Ubuntu Team. I would suggest you to install latest version, 8.04 Hardy Heron.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Im using Debian.....im thinking about ditching knoppix and getting mint. thanks anyway.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    AFAIK, Debian hasn't released 5.1 version yet. Could you post the output of this
    Code:
    cat /etc/debian-version
    Its not recommended to install Knoppix. You should use it as LiveCD only. Linux Mint ( make sure to download/install latest version ) is good choice.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First