Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys.... I have a iso of my own distro that is based on redhat 9 i have removed some modules from it so that it can become lighter. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking how to create live cd of own distro ?

Hi guys....

I have a iso of my own distro that is based on redhat 9 i have removed some modules from it so that it can become lighter. I have created its iso also. Now the problem is i want to create its live cd, i googled lot but not able to find a way to do this.. because each and every where they say that how to create fedora live cd , how to create ubuntu live cd this and that etc etc...

So if any body knows creating live cd of our own distro.. it will great help to me...

Waiting for reply...
    Thanks & Regards...

Linux Guru
    It is possible to do it I'm sure but it would require a lot more work. I think modules such as squashfs or ovlfs would need to be built into the kernel as well as USB into the initrd.

Why are you working on Red Hat 9? It is very old and doesn't support nearly as much hardware as a newer distro so it would only be useful on old machines. Also you are missing out on things like udev and hotplug which make life a lot easier, nowhere moreso than on a livecd.

Just Joined!

Talking

Thanks bigtomrodney for your kind reply...

I know that RedHat is old but i have no choice..
    Bytheway can u tell me the step or can u address the way i should follow to carry out this task..

Linux Guru
    Check out this link, I hope it can help.

Linux Live for CD & USB

Just Joined!

Talking

Thaks again bigtomrodney

Just Joined!

Talking

Any Body else knows about how to create RedHat 9 live cd or how to create live cd of installed RH9 from HDD.