Find the answer to your Linux question:
i recently bought a knoppix std CD because my internet connection is too slow to download it. when i try too boot into it my comp doesn't even recognize it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

knoppix std cd wont boot

i recently bought a knoppix std CD because my internet connection is too slow to download it. when i try too boot into it my comp doesn't even recognize it and boots normally to grub. i tried it on my friends computer and its boots into std fine. atm i have Ubuntu 8.04 and windows vista on my computer, i have also already went into BIOS and made sure my CD drive is first on boot order so i know its not that. i also tried booting my Ubuntu CD and it boots fine so i know its not the cd drive..... anyone have an idea why this will not work???

Quote Originally Posted by clee173 View Post
    i recently bought a knoppix std CD because my internet connection is too slow to download it. when i try too boot into it my comp doesn't even recognize it and boots normally to grub. i tried it on my friends computer and its boots into std fine. atm i have Ubuntu 8.04 and windows vista on my computer, i have also already went into BIOS and made sure my CD drive is first on boot order so i know its not that. i also tried booting my Ubuntu CD and it boots fine so i know its not the cd drive..... anyone have an idea why this will not work???
    so you already have Ubuntu 8.04 and Vista in your computer? and the problem, your CD ROM cant boot Knoppix properly??

try this:
    login to your windows Vista, and then insert your knoppix CD into your CD ROM until autorun of that CD appear.
    restart your computer and boot from CD
    I am sure it will work,
    because sometimes knoppix CD can boot atthe first time you turn on your computer...

Just Joined!
    when i put the cd in the autorun comes up as a blank cd???

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by clee173 View Post
    when i put the cd in the autorun comes up as a blank cd???
    strange CD, or is it knoppix DVD and your computer cant read DVD at all??
    Hehe just a joke...

check out your knoppix CD, is it have any scratch on it?
    or your CD ROM is too old to read that CD??

try another knoppix CD or borrow your friends CD ROM

Just Joined!
    yea i dont know why cuz i have cd/dvd drive and it works on friends computer....lol weird