Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey! I'm giving Damn Small Linux a shot, after getting pretty tired of Damn Buggy XP. So, how do I install my wireless. From what I have read, you have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I install wireless+led in DSL on my HP nx6110?

Hey! I'm giving Damn Small Linux a shot, after getting pretty tired of Damn Buggy XP. So, how do I install my wireless. From what I have read, you have to use ndiswrapper(which is included in DSL) and a windows-driver. Where can I download it, and how do I find the files in Linux? And how do I get the wireless LED-button on my laptop to work?

Thanks

PS: The wireless network card is called Broadcom 11b/g WLAN
    PSPS: I also have a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g USB Adaptor that I can plug in if it makes things easier.

Hello
    First of all we need the model of the wireless chipset
    So open up a terminal and type:
    Code:
    lspci
    copy its contents and paste them here

Just Joined!
    I believe BCM94306MPLNA is the name of the chip-set.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hello
    You are right and I have good news acoording to this Home - Broadcom 43xx the driver should be installed on the kernel just install the bcm43xx-fwcutter package (just search google on how to install a .tar.bz2 package and you should be fine)

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much! My hard drive is formatted in ntfs, and not fat32. I read that ntfs + Linux equals trouble. That you shouldn't save data to ntfs from Linux. Should I still install the bcm43xx-fwcutter?

Umm I wouldn't recommend installing linux in ntfs due to write and read problems(I would recommend making a another partition with ext3),But its totally up to you if you want to install it,just maybe you can get away with it.

Good Luck