Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded knoppix from this link RapidShare: Easy Filehosting It's just 50 MB. When i tried to boot with the CD it loads and lists out the options. When i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool Knoppix install problem.

I downloaded knoppix from this link
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    It's just 50 MB. When i tried to boot with the CD it loads and lists out the options. When i enter any option, it starts the kernel, but i can't see any GUI after that. I waited even for a long time, but no result. Whats the problem.Is it with the iso i downloaded

Its .iso image of Damn Small Linux. Which Graphics Card do you have? Whats the output of statx command?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Though new to Knoppix, correct me if am wrong but it seems what you call Knoppix,
    "that you downloaded" is too small! Realistically speaking,majority of linux distros come in DVDs, which means they occupy GIGABYTES of space.
    Try downloading a new image or request for a free dvd from your fellow friends who use linux, that is if someone's idea of using the 'startX' command didn't work.

I have a problem though...can anyone help me install knoppix into my HDD? The knoppix installer seems not to "see its own partitoins" I made with Gparted, & I've messed my disk several times.

Though new to Knoppix, correct me if am wrong but it seems what you call Knoppix,
    "that you downloaded" is too small! Realistically speaking,majority of linux distros come in DVDs, which means they occupy GIGABYTES of space.
    Hi and Welcome !

As I mentioned in last post, Thread starter has downloaded Damn Small Linux instead of Knoppix and DSL's .iso image is 51MB only. There are a lot of distros having 25-60MB .iso images.

I have a problem though...can anyone help me install knoppix into my HDD? The knoppix installer seems not to "see its own partitoins" I made with Gparted, & I've messed my disk several times.
    Is there any reason for installing Knoppix? Its not recommended to install Knoppix to Harddisk. I would suggest you to install any other distro developed for Harddisk installation.

Just Joined!

Exclamation knoppix installation puzzle

Thanks for the info. please give me an alternative that's good enough for installation.

Check this Poll on Fav Distro. Check link in my signature too.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Its .iso image of Damn Small Linux. Which Graphics Card do you have? Whats the output of statx command?
    I'm having a VIA chipset ASUS motherboard.