Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
I'm not experienced in this error. But a bit of Googling led me to this blog: Repairing the Windows registry using Knoppix | Bloggy Hell And to this thread: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...g-problem.html ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm not experienced in this error. But a bit of Googling led me to this blog: Repairing the Windows registry using Knoppix | Bloggy Hell
    And to this thread: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...g-problem.html
    See if either of these get anything going for you.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Hello!

So I did look into those website and tried some of the command lines but none worked. I would like to run CHKDSK but I don't have another computer that I could hook up this HHD to. I do still have an XP disc - can I run CHKDSK from the repair mode of the disc? I'm confused because doesn't repair mode on the XP boot disc need to access the HDD to at least read my adminisrator password? Will it be able to even see my corrupted HDD?

happy holidays!

I think you should be able to run CHKDSK from repair mode without the admin password.
    Will it be able to even see my corrupted HDD?
    That depends on how corrupted things really are. The best I can advise is to give it a shot.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    No dice. Can't get it going at all. Knoppix has all sorts of HDD tools... can't i work with any of that? I'm getting discouraged here... but I know something has to work. Should I look into figuring out that NTFSg3 or whatever it was called that was suggested earlier?

Just Joined!
    hi i had a similar problem ,what i done is just backed up my computer by back dating backup proccess by only couple of days before the problem occured and everything was back to normal.im not a pro dude but i thought i give you my opinion hope that helps good luck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4