Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new here so I'm still feeling out procedure. I do, however, have a strange problem. I downloaded KNOPPIC Live and made a cd. It boots perfect on my Intel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppic Live works on laptop but not on desktop

I'm new here so I'm still feeling out procedure. I do, however, have a strange problem.

I downloaded KNOPPIC Live and made a cd. It boots perfect on my Intel core duo laptop with 2gb memory. I take the same disk and try to run on my new desktop, which is an Intel 920 i7 with 6gb memory and it errors off after it looks for USB's. It says it can't find the KNOPPIC file system.

Another thing I would like to know is what does the Pinquins mean at boot up?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Any USB drives like external hardrives or flash memory sticks installed on Desktop when you try to boot?
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I have a flash memory reader attached. It is actually 4 devices in windows. Think that could be the problem?

Remove unneeded items plugged into USB ports except for keyboard and mouse and try booting up again. If you still have a problem with it hanging up, use the no=usb option at boot up screen and try again.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    I'll try that. Funny thing though, I downloaded UBUNTU, burned a disk and it works as advertized. You would think that whatever was causing KNOPPIC to throw up would also affect UBUNTU. Go figure!

Thanks for your help rokytnji....