Find the answer to your Linux question:
i installed knoppix 5.3.1 onto my second hard drive. please tell m how to uninstall it and remove it from my computer..my main drive has windows xp pro...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation help wanted please

i installed knoppix 5.3.1 onto my second hard drive. please tell m how to uninstall it and remove it from my computer..my main drive has windows xp pro

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can simply delete the Linux partitions, or format them as you please, and then use your WinXP installation CD to restore the Windows bootloader.
    oz

Linux Guru
    You can just boot to Windows and from it's Disk Management remove the Linux partition. If you have some kind of boot loader (grub, lilo etc) you have to boot to windows' recovery console (boot with Windows CD) and fix the boot record (if you don't want to keep the loader anymore).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi and Welcome !

Does any kind of Menu appear at startup for OS Selection? If yes then boot up from Windows Installation CD, select Repair(R) and execute Fixmbr command at repair prompt.
    It will remove Linux Boot Loader and Windows OS will boot up by default.

Boot up Windows OS and type diskmgmt.msc in RUN box. Windows Partitioning Tool will pop up. Remove partitions marked as Unknown and create new.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First