Find the answer to your Linux question:
Are there any minimum requirements for running this cd? I have tried it on a 200mhz desktop with only 26 mb of ram and it goes through all the diagnostics ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with Knoppix 6.0 live cd

Are there any minimum requirements for running this cd? I have tried it on a 200mhz desktop with only 26 mb of ram and it goes through all the diagnostics and then comes to command prompt that says root@Microknoppix:/# then it stops .
    Isn't it supposed to load more than that? I'm new to Linux any help would be great.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

According to the Knoppix wiki, you need more RAM:

General FAQ - Knoppix Documentation Wiki
    oz

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by compguy30 View Post
    Are there any minimum requirements for running this cd? I have tried it on a 200mhz desktop with only 26 mb of ram and it goes through all the diagnostics and then comes to command prompt that says root@Microknoppix:/# then it stops .
    Isn't it supposed to load more than that? I'm new to Linux any help would be great.
    Are you shure about 26MB RAM? - It is such a strange number usually there are 8, 16, 32, 64, 128,...
    With less than 128 MB you can forget nearly all LiveCDs. Many do need allready 256 MB.
    Even very old Puppys do need at least 48 MB RAM. So you have the chance to put some more RAM into the computer or you will have to forget the idea and better stick to Win95.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close