Find the answer to your Linux question:
when a command is enterted how does it display the output on screen..... what is the internal working???...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post command execution

when a command is enterted how does it display the output on screen..... what is the internal working???

Smile

when a command is enterted how does it display the output on screen..... what is the internal working???
    I assume commands are nothing but C program, These executable are place under specific path.
    Example : main,c
    int main(){
    printf("\n Linux Programmers Paradise\n");
    return 1;
    }
    Compile it
    gcc -o main main.c
    move to pre-defined path
    mv main /usr/bin

Now open any terminal and run the "command" called main.If You upload this "main" command to sites like sourceforge.net.If people find the software useful ,they will download your program and use it.

That's how open source works
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    I assume commands are nothing but C program, These executable are place under specific path.
    Example : main,c

Now open any terminal and run the "command" called main.If You upload this "main" command to sites like sourceforge.net.If people find the software useful ,they will download your program and use it.

That's how open source works
    thanx, but my question is different, i wanna know how does a OUTPUT display on SCREEN

e.g. if i typed
    $ echo hello
    hello will be displayed, how this happens........

Exclamation

e.g. if i typed
    $ echo hello
    hello will be displayed,
    int main(int argc,char * argv[]){
    printf("%s",argv[1]);
    return 1;
    }
    compile it as
    gcc - echo2 main.c

Run it as

./echo2 hello
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Exclamation

By fault screen is your output device - Keyboard is your input device

if you want know about how printf() works then i would suggest to check with some system programming books like rebecca thomas Unix Programmer Guide
    -----

Just Joined!
    By fault screen is your output device - Keyboard is your input device

if you want know about how printf() works then i would suggest to check with some system programming books like rebecca thomas Unix Programmer Guide

can u plz suggest me some links on internet........... i wanna know abt the internal working of eho command of linux.

Smile

If you want to know about working for echo ,then better check its source code with coreutils.

echo source code :
    http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?h...utils%20lang:c

coreutils download page
    Coreutils - GNU core utilities

All the best
    -----

Just Joined!
    If you want to know about working for echo ,then better check its source code with coreutils.

echo source code :

coreutils
    All the best

thankyou very very much for the links........ if u know more abt echo then send me the updates.

thanx again.