Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've installed Knoppix 6.2 on a USB flash-drive and I like most of what I see. The biggest drawback for me, right now though, is the profusion of Compiz Fusion ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Deactivate Compiz Fusion from Live USB?

I've installed Knoppix 6.2 on a USB flash-drive and I like most of what I see. The biggest drawback for me, right now though, is the profusion of Compiz Fusion desktop antics. They're cute once or twice, but I really don't want to sit through all the cutesy stuff every time I close a window or change applications.

Is there any way to get rid of Compiz Fusion?

Use cheatcode "knoppix no3d" at the boot screen should do the trick.

EDIT: Also you can use the Synaptic Package Manager and install "fusion-icon" and it will be under System Tools>Compiz Fusion Icon, add it to the desktop and you can enable/disable anytime.
    Last edited by ryptyde; 12-08-2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: add info about fusion-icon

Just Joined!
    Yes, it does indeed -- Thank you very much!

(For the benefit of anyone who may need this information but not know how to use a "cheatcode" -- You simply use the option to edit when you get the Grub boot-loader screen that asks what OS you want to boot. Then follow the directions on-screen to add "knoppic no3d" -- without the quotation marks -- after the "kernel" line.)

And even better -- I found that it can be put at the end of the kernel line in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file and the OS will boot without Compiz Fusion every time.