Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, Ive only been using linux steadily for about a month now. since then ive been intrusted in makeing my own distro from linux kernel so Like the compulsive ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Kernel boot help

Hey guys,
    Ive only been using linux steadily for about a month now. since then ive been intrusted in makeing my own distro from linux kernel so Like the compulsive me that I am, I went on adventure to configure/compile my own linux kernel. I finally found out how to build/compile a kernel. I dont even really understand what the linux kernel looked and felt like except for the fact that its CLI and obably files or folders that can now be removed but i dont want to remove something important.I am probably a little bit in over my head but i would like to atleast finish the kernel

So basicly would like to know how I can boot the kernel and why Its so large.

You don't ever remove files or folders from the kernel source tree! What you do is configure your build so that the bits you want are compiled and the bits you don't want are ignored. This is done with the command make menuconfig/make gconfig/make xconfig (depending on what user interface you want to do your configuration in). gconfig and xconfig are graphical, menuconfig is done in a terminal.

If your kernel is enormous, you've probably compiled too much in.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"