Hi.

I am new to Linux and I am trying to install the ATI Catalyst OpenGL 4.0 driver with Linux Knoppix 6.2. The installer tells me that I don't have enough free disk space to install the driver. However the driver only requires 75 MB and there are several GB of free space on the disk. I have a ATI Mobillity Radeon HD 4650 graphics card.

I type chmod 755 and ./ as a super user to start the installation from the terminal

and I get the following output from the installer:

Driver Installer/Packager ================================================== Detected configuration: Architecture: i686 (32-bit) X Server: X.Org 7.4 and later releases cp: cannot stat `x740/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/glesx*': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat `x740/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/amdxmm*': No such file or directory find: `install/usr/lib/xorg/modules/glesx*': No such file or directory find: `install/usr/lib/xorg/modules/amdxmm*': No such file or directory Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.JkYhDu root"at"Microknoppix:/home/fglrx-8.712.3.1#

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can install the driver...

Jan Carlo