Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hi there Im noob in linux I will like to know what I can do to conect my laptop toshiba satelite to the internet whit the live cd knoppix 5.1 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] I can't connect to the internet on knoppix 5.1 please help

hi there Im noob in linux I will like to know what I can do to conect my laptop toshiba satelite to the internet whit the live cd knoppix 5.1 I try everything but nothing the wireless set up doesnt reconise my wireless card what I can do to fix it please help me .

Hello and Welcome.
    I'd suggest you start here and post the requested info back into this thread.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Try another distro: I suggest PCLinuxOS.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by genomega View Post
    Try another distro: I suggest PCLinuxOS.
    I don't think this response can help target the problem. If you have any real response on the problem using the distro the user uses, then it would be nice. If you have a suggestion of "another distro", please don't post because it can cause a distros flaming war.
    That's just a suggesttion.

Just Joined!
    You don't have to use the distro, let the live cd set things up and copy the settings and this is one of the best when it comes to wireless. Many new to Linux just give up when they encounter problems like this.

Quote Originally Posted by genomega View Post
    Many new to Linux just give up when they encounter problems like this.
    Sad, but true.
    But even in the purple sky world of Microsoft, you have to configure networking and it isn't always a walk in the park either. I see it this way, if they want to give up after encountering a minor problem like that. that's okay. Linux is not for everyone and they probably don't need to be messing with anything but Microsoft products.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

It appears Toshiba Satellite laptops are equiped with alternate WLAN cards, depending on model. Please be specific on your laptop model.

Just Joined!
    You might try fedora 13 off a live cd. Its the first distro I found that worked the wireless on my HP laptop. Good luck.

Just Joined!

ndis-wrappers

Have you tried ndis- wrappers yet, It's kind of a cop out (using windows drivers) but it may work for you?
    I think there is even a wizard to help set it up somewhere on the "start button" menu (near the other wireless tools). check the menu under the penguin you'll need 2 files ( the win drivers) a .ini and a .sys

Just Joined!
    hey thank to all that reply my thread I havea Realtek RTL8102E family PCI E -fast Ethernet NIC ( NDIS 6.0) and Atheros AR5007EG wireless network
    my laptop is a Inter (R) pentium (R) Dual T 2390 @ 1.89 GHz - M( RAM )3.00 MB
    32 bit operating system .
    and I want to give a shot to knoppix 5.1 before move to another distro but also I will like to know what distro will be the best for my laptop thank to all for you help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast