Find the answer to your Linux question:
here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to create a custom usb install of a linux distribution, which I have and can do. but my issue ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with problem

here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to create a custom usb install of a linux distribution, which I have and can do. but my issue is after I get the install the way I want it I want to be able to create a duplicate of that usb drive but only a bootable cd version with the customizations still there so that my users cannot change any settings.

or if someone knows how to after you create a custom usb install to change the persistent file (Casper file) from RW to RO so that the settings cannot be changed.

any help that anyone can give me on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Well customizing sorry I cannot help you there. But to make a cd you can download the .iso burn it to a disk using a program like Brasero or another comparable program. Or if you are lazy or just don't feel like it you can go buy a disk from either the distrobution's site or distrowatch.com also sells some reasonably priced disks.

Just Joined!
    i appreciate you trying to help me but unfortunately you didnt read my post. I dont have a problem burning a iso to cd. My issue is I want to be able to create a custom Live cd install and burn that custom install to a cd just like you can to a USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by unoobtu View Post
    Well customizing sorry I cannot help you there. But to make a cd you can download the .iso burn it to a disk using a program like Brasero or another comparable program. Or if you are lazy or just don't feel like it you can go buy a disk from either the distrobution's site or distrowatch.com also sells some reasonably priced disks.