Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings: I have Knoppix 6.2.1 installed on my HD. I successfully added a new user using: (1)Useradd -g 0 -m -u 200 NAME (2)Passwd NAME then I did (3)Usermod -G ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

User Login

Greetings: I have Knoppix 6.2.1 installed on my HD. I successfully added a new user using: (1)Useradd -g 0 -m -u 200 NAME (2)Passwd NAME then I did (3)Usermod -G users,audio,games -s /bin/bash NAME My question is, is it even possible to login a user in microknoppix. Even with the user established, and booting into single user mode - I do not get a prompt to login a user. This miight not be possible, just checking all my options. User is established. Thanks!

ved
    in single user mode only root login is possible it use only for administrative work
    Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.
    New Users : Read This First

Thumbs up Updated

I have just spent two full days working with LiveCD, and what they tell you is true, it is not meant to be installed on the hard drive. Presently, I am at a good place... Clean HD install, with persistent home (Knoppix on the desktop), 5GB, and password protected. I simply must initiate it all from the CD - grub will not build (for now). I do not care to boot from usb - unstable, and unsecure. However, during these two days I have also downloaded two other distros. One based on popularity. The other the outcome of my honed ability to spec a project. Neither would load. With Linux other variables factor-in such as the speed you write the .iso in, none seemed worth the effort. With Live Knoppix CD, I came straight-in. And if I wanted a GUI, I would stick with Windows. My goal is to increase my knowledge. That said, I have been using computers (operations/IS only) since 1980. The first computer I used was a Sperry-Rand I/O teletype. You typed a command, it typed a response (military). I have done contless installs in a data center environment - over 20 years. I like what Mr. Knoppix has done. I place great value on his seeing impaired application, although I am not seeing impaired. It shows where his head is. The operating system runs like greased lightening from the hard drive. Resources are very well utilised. The way I see it, Knoppix is uber secure. If they get my cheat codes correct, there is another layer - and a firewall on the other side.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close