Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello everyone. I want to know if I can use knoppix for remote management, like Full Automated Installation of Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Remote installation of programs....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Knoppix For Remote Management

hello everyone.
    I want to know if I can use knoppix for remote management, like Full Automated Installation of Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Remote installation of programs.

Hi and welcome

knoppix is a linux livecd.
    It gives you access to a client tools (command line, browser, desktop, etc).
    As such you can use tools as ssh, rdesktop, etc which can be used for remote management.

Fully automated installation is a different usecase and involves daemons like dhcp, tftp, http, ntp, etc.
    Knoppix is not a server distribution.

Other than that, if you primarily want to provision microsoft operating systems, it might be easier to do it with ms tools.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    Hi and welcome

knoppix is a linux livecd.
    It gives you access to a client tools (command line, browser, desktop, etc).
    As such you can use tools as ssh, rdesktop, etc which can be used for remote management.

Fully automated installation is a different usecase and involves daemons like dhcp, tftp, http, ntp, etc.
    Knoppix is not a server distribution.

Other than that, if you primarily want to provision microsoft operating systems, it might be easier to do it with ms tools.
    thanks for reply
    I have made it with Windows Deployment Service, But with Windows Deployment Service, you must restart the PC end than Choose PXE Setup...
    I want to Remotely restart (or power on using WOL) and then install System without any question. what you think? Can I do it?

In a linux world: Yes
    You need the correct bios settings on all machines (boot from network) and a staged pxe boot system, that
    a) can identify the machines
    b) change what happens at pxe boot according to config

No idea about windows though, you probably should ask a windows forum.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    I'm asking here because I want to do it through Linux.
    okey. thanks