Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I tried gparted and after scanning for a few minutes I received the following response: Libparted bug found! (as superuser) Input/Output error during read on /dev/sda Is there any chance ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I tried gparted and after scanning for a few minutes I received the following response:

Libparted bug found! (as superuser)
    Input/Output error during read on /dev/sda

Is there any chance that my method of attaching the drive is affecting the way it is read? It is currently attached via USB adapter and set to "master". Note that I believe the USB adapter does work fine as I attached another hard drive with it and it was immediately recognized on multiple computers.

If its just a super block errors - Then e2fsck should help you. But first few question :

Code:
    If I run Knoppix Adriane, it can see the drive in file manager but it will not mount and if I run fdisk -l, it does nothing.
    Can you share the screenshot of "drive in file manager" ? When you try to mount that drive, whats the exact error message you get in "/var/log/messages" and on your screen. ? Can you post them here?
    Also did the partition info shows up with "sudo blkid" command ? If so please post its output.

Code:
    It is the original hard drive that was in equipped in my Dell desktop. (I'm assuming it is eaither FAT32 or NTFS. I
    So the harddrive is from windows world ?

If so, then try installing 'ntfs-3g' package on Knoppix Adriane - Then try to mount it.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Okay. I loaded up Knoppixx Adriane and here are the pics of what I see when I go into File Manager.
    IMAG1136.jpg
    IMAG1137.jpg
    IMAG1138.jpg
    IMAG1139.jpg

Also, I tried the "sudo blkid" command, and this is what I got:
    IMAG1140.jpg

The hard drive is from a PC loaded with Windows XP. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how to mount the 'ntsf-3g' package. I'll have to read up on that first.
    Last edited by tbirdtc; 08-07-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added picture.

blkid didn't show the /sda partition . Either the disk was not attached or It was unable to detect . Did you find any messages under /var/log/messages when you attached or detach the disk ? (I assume you are using this as secondary hdd)

Yes,give it a try with ntfs-3g package

Sysresccd-manual-en Mounting an NTFS partition with full Read-Write support - SystemRescueCd

Make sure you mount them as "Read-only"
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    I did not see any messages. I believe I was looking in the right place. I have the hard drive mounted via USB adapter and I am booting from a CD so effectively it is a secondary hard drive. I'll try out the ntfs-3g package and see what I get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2