Find the answer to your Linux question:
i was looking for a way to run a live CD while i was still on windows(yes, yes, i know, i know). Is it possible to do this with colinux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

colinux

i was looking for a way to run a live CD while i was still on windows(yes, yes, i know, i know). Is it possible to do this with colinux or by using another method?

Not sure about running a LiveCD, but you can use Cygwin to get a Linux environment on Windex.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie

Re: colinux

Quote Originally Posted by bst82551
    i was looking for a way to run a live CD while i was still on windows(yes, yes, i know, i know). Is it possible to do this with colinux or by using another method?
    It's not possible, regardless the method you want to use. The only way is to install it through VMware, if you want to run it while you're in Windows.

There is a linux that will run within windows, it's called Topologilinux, it is not a live distro, jeremy1701 reviewed it here.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    Not sure about running a LiveCD, but you can use Cygwin to get a Linux environment on Windex.
    If you download the complete cygwin suite (Free BTW ) You can run windowmaker manager on it for a gui.
    Plus you can drop and drag files from the host to cygwin if needed. It is pretty slick for a no cost add on. It even comes with perl. "Not Too Shabby"
    cheers
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds