Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to linux, but like any seasoned windows user (yes I know, shame on me in my childish stereotypical ways) I know whats what. However! The ISDN config setup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Mal
    Just Joined!

ISDN Connection

I'm new to linux, but like any seasoned windows user (yes I know, shame on me in my childish stereotypical ways) I know whats what. However! The ISDN config setup in Knoppix simply REFUSES to let me get any sort of connection.
    I always get an error like (sorry as im posting this from windows, only way I can get online, I cant remember the exact one but I shall edit it when I do)
    "could not open etc/init.d/isdn "
    Im not sure whether Knoppix supports my PCI ISDN card so maybe someone could help with that. Its a BT Speedway PCI ISDN card on a 64k BT Home Highway ISDN connection. Being new to linux, and having gone through relevant help sections on knoppix and correctly filling in all of the required criteria I have no clue how to fix it. At some point I plan to clear one of my harddrives and make a proper install of linux so I would like to know if Knoppix can actually support my card before installing it and finding out otherwise.

Any other info you may require on the card/drivers I have obtained from relevant property dialog boxes on windows:
    - ISDN - AVM GmbH
    - ISDNPORT1
    - extra initialisation commands = "ATS42=1"
    - max port speed 115200
    - ISDN PCI CARD - AVM GmbH
    - PCI Slot 2 (pci bus0, device 10, function 0) - European ISDN (DSS1) - driver version 3.10.2.2003

Many thanks for any help.

fpd
    Just Joined!
    Mali,

Wow. It looks like you stumped everyone. Perhaps this is because the vendor of your board is not well known. Perhaps there is a .de forum where people will have experience with your equipment. In the mean time, I suggest trying these other forum boards:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/
    http://www.linuxiso.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=50

Mal
    Just Joined!
    Yeah i've posted the same entry on knoppix forums. Why, out of interest, would I want to check a german forum for comparison with my equipment? BT (british telecom) who are my isp and manufacturer of my ISDN and PCI card, only do UK as far as I'm aware anyway, but no worries. I haven't sorted it yet but a lot of people have the same problem, I got around it for what I wanted to do so if someone does know then great otherwise dont worry about it.