Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have downloaded knoppix 3.7 iso and i have a little problem:after the boot it works 2 sec and the screen comes black!!! I have dpwnloaded 2 iso from 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knoppix 3.7 & boot problems!!!

I have downloaded knoppix 3.7 iso and i have a little problem:after the boot it works 2 sec and the screen comes black!!!
    I have dpwnloaded 2 iso from 2 differents sites,burned on 2 differents cd's and used 2 differents notebook but the problem is the same!!!
    The only way to start knoppix is to disable the hw autodetection but after 30min i don't see knoppix's desktop......
    What i can do???I download 3.6 or wait for 3.8???
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi smizzio,

I'm not much of a live-cd user but I would suggest trying a different live cd and seeing if you get the same problems. Do you need Knoppix specifically? Some good live-cd's are Slax and PCLinuxOS. Try one of those and let me know if you get the same error.

Hope that helps,
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

mostly vid probs

I find that most of the time that I can't get 3.7 or any knoppix to boot up it's because the video rez is auto set to high. try typing at the boot prompt "knoppix screen=800x600" without the quotes. download the cheat sheet at the knoppix site. It has all the little tweaks you can add at the prompt that gets it to work on diffacult pc's