Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and burned it to CD as an ISO image. i have changed my computer bios to boot from CD first, but it does not work. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

After creating ISO image...

i have downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and burned it to CD as an ISO image.

i have changed my computer bios to boot from CD first, but it does not work.

when i have tried to install it on my hd, just to test to see if it works.. i get this error message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unnavailable.

Enter an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package RNENU.msi

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\VARU\Temp1\SP007839\BIN\

i have downloaded the Programe from 2 different internet sites and still the same propblem, i even tried mandrake and the same error comes up... please help!

the computer can't boot from an iso image, you need to extract it first. Using nero, select the burn image option or similar.

Extract complete!

yes, thankyou for your post!

i used a program called IsoBuster. This extracted my file and i burnt that onto CD... AND it WORKS! YAY

i was only confused because everywhere i read, it would say things like you need to burn the iso image.. but anywyas it works - thanks for ur help!

Just Joined!

Re: After creating ISO image...

Quote Originally Posted by usblackhawk
    i have downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and burned it to CD as an ISO image.

i have changed my computer bios to boot from CD first, but it does not work.

when i have tried to install it on my hd, just to test to see if it works.. i get this error message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network source that is unnavailable.

Enter an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package RNENU.msi

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\VARU\Temp1\SP007839\BIN\

i have downloaded the Programe from 2 different internet sites and still the same propblem, i even tried mandrake and the same error comes up... please help!
    Using MagicISO to burn Knoppix 3.7 iso onto CD. It is a good ISO burner.