Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am new to knoppix and i have downloaded 3.7 (live-cd) but now i feel as though i want mroe from the cd and want to install it on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

how to install on HD?

i am new to knoppix and i have downloaded 3.7 (live-cd) but now i feel as though i want mroe from the cd and want to install it on my hd.

i have a sony viao laptop - P4 3Ghz . 60GB hd space. ( it is already partitioned by the manufacturer- C:/ 30GB D:/ 30GB)

how do i partition the hard disk, and install knoppix? can i do it from the cd?

the reason i ask this is beacause, every time i change something on knoppix say for instance the desktop background i have to cahnge it again every time i boot knoppix as it is not saved.. i want ot install programs and have them saved onto my hd while using knoppix.

how do i get a dual boot screen after so that i can select whether to us XP or Knoppix...

Thnx in a advance!

Re: how to install on HD?

Quote Originally Posted by usblackhawk
    how do i partition the hard disk, and install knoppix? can i do it from the cd?
    Code:
    su 
    knoppix-installer
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Install_FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by usblackhawk
    how do i get a dual boot screen after so that i can select whether to us XP or Knoppix...
    it should do that for you
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good