Find the answer to your Linux question:
trying to get my wireless card up and working using knoppix. so i uninstalled the wireless card drivers and re-installed to be safe and to make sure the sys and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless card broadcom 1450 question

trying to get my wireless card up and working using knoppix. so i uninstalled the wireless card drivers and re-installed to be safe and to make sure the sys and inf files appeared in the same directory. the files are bcmwl5.inf, bcmwl5a.inf, and bcmwl5.sys in the C:\DELL\drivers\R90501 directory. i boot knoppix, it recognizes "eth0" (my wireless card??) and says something about DHCP broadcast backgrounding, which i thought was a good thing. so i load ndiswrapper and attempt to load the drivers. i start with bcmwl5.inf because the file name matches the sys file name. it gives me the message "this is not a *.inf file" or something along those lines...so i move on to the bcmwl5a.inf file: i load the file and knoppix sounds like its doing something, then after several seconds, comes back with the message "the ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there's no new device. perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file" so, basically i have no clue what to do from here. i tried using wavelan configuration, but it gives me the message "no wireless device found" HELP!!!!
    thanks so much to anyone who can lend a hand or a few tips...im determined to beat this thing!

Just Joined!
    sorry, my chip is dell wireless WLAN1450 broadcom wireless with the latest driver (the one listed as working on the ndiswrapper wiki site)

Just Joined!
    I had the same problem with knoppix livecd + zv5120us laptop. Decided not to go trhough this hell (lazy user) but I looked around and found this-below.

having already installed the driver may be a problem for you so it may be a good idea to undo everything bf doing this.

Hopefully it will work for you. Let us know of the result even if succesfull:

http://www.gidforums.com/t-4390.html

good luck!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close