Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm new to Knoppix and am enjoying it...but I can't figure out if one can utilize MouseKeys, as in Windows. All I found when searching this forum for that topic ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MouseKeys for Knoppix?

I'm new to Knoppix and am enjoying it...but I can't figure out if one can utilize MouseKeys, as in Windows. All I found when searching this forum for that topic was links to these pages:

http://accessibility.kde.org/media/accesskeys.php
    http://accessibility.kde.org/

But this doesn't help because I'm not asking about keyboard shortcuts, but MouseKeys. Meaning, you use the numeric pad to move the mouse pointer. (If you look at your numeric keypad, there are directional arrows on 2, 4, 6, 8; the numbers 1, 3, 7, and 9 move the mouse at 45-degree angles, and the number 5 is the "click" button.)

To turn this on in Windows, one does the following:
    Start - Control Panel - Accessibility Options - Mouse - MouseKeys

I've found keyboard shortcuts for a lot of programs in Knoppix, but for some of the graphics programs like the GIMP, it really hurts me, having to use a mouse or trackball. I have chronic tendonitis in both arms/hands as the result of a past injury, so I use MouseKeys a lot. Not knowing how to do this with Knoppix is the one big hurdle that keeps me from exploring Linux as much as I'd like to.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated!!

Just Joined!
    Sure, KDE offers mousekeys, like in windows.
    First click on the K button.
    Go up to settings, then over to control center.
    In control center, you will see a bunch of lists to your left. Click peripherials, then click mouse.
    Your screen will show up with a bunch of tabs to configure your mouse. Click Mouse Navigation.
    From here, just check the obvious checkbox and configure the other settings to your likings.

I use the Control Center often, making a destop shortcut to it really helps.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromatic Distortion
    Sure, KDE offers mousekeys, like in windows.
    First click on the K button.
    Go up to settings, then over to control center.
    In control center, you will see a bunch of lists to your left. Click peripherials, then click mouse.
    Your screen will show up with a bunch of tabs to configure your mouse. Click Mouse Navigation.
    From here, just check the obvious checkbox and configure the other settings to your likings.
    Thanks SO much! I can't believe it, I was actually in the Control Panel, and didn't even see that particular setting for the Mouse. This helps me a LOT...thanks again!