Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have Knoppix 3.7 in one computer with both eth0 and eth1 network cards detected. etho is connected to a router and eth1 is feeding another computer running ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet not working in XP client with Knoppix server

Hi all,
    I have Knoppix 3.7 in one computer with both eth0 and eth1 network cards detected. etho is connected to a router and eth1 is feeding another computer running XP. Internet is working fine in Knoppix, but not in XP computer. Did ifconfig for both and they show private ip for eth0 (private one), and 192.168.1.1 for eth1. XP computer is set for 192.168.1.2 ip with 255.255.255.0 mask, 192.168.1.1 for DNS, WINS and Gateway. I can ping back and forth, but Internet is not working in XP. Is there anything else I could do? Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    01ads

Just Joined!

Re: Internet not working in XP client with Knoppix server

Sorry,
    I need to clarify my cabling. Knoppix eth0 is connected to a cable modem, and Knoppix eth1 is connected to a router port. XP is being fed via a cable connected to this same router.
    Thanks again for your help.
    01ads

Just Joined!

Internet not working in XP client with Knoppix server

I've googled around quite a lot but I didn't find any help to write home about. Anyway, I finished by using XP as a server and Knoppix as client via the router. Now, both are working fine to surf the Net, but I'm not happy with the solution. There's more than successful pinging that needs to be done, and I think I need to learn more about Debian in order to reverse the process.
    If anyone is interested in this mini-LAN survival setup (XP, Router, Knoppix), please knock on my cyber-door. I'm not giving up yet, but I'll keep trying!
    01ads

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close