Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
actually i have an nVidia nForce, what do i need to do...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

actually i have an nVidia nForce, what do i need to do

Right well, the nforce chipset drivers don't seem to work under the 2.4 Knoppix kernel, I think it's a module speifically for 2.6. Anyway, enough with the science bit. You will need to boot into the "experimental" kernel....When you get the knoppix splash screen after boot where it says "press f1 for help, enter to boot" you need to type knoppix26.
    I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but to be sure if you press F1 or F2 it will list the boot options. Once your system boots you should be fine, it should do all of that DHCP magic for you. Post back and let me know how you get on now!

Just Joined!
    i have knoppix 3.8.2 and it doesnt let me access the options pressing F1 F2 or F3.................i still cant get on line, i cant find a way around having and nforce

As far as I know you don't need to boot to kernel 2.6 in >3.8 because it's default. Have you tried manually bringing up the connection?

Code:
    passwd
    (enter new root password)
    su
    (reenter password)
    ifconfig
    (see which connections are detected - most likely eth0)
    ifup eth0
    This is of course ifyou're using a Cat 5 to connect to the router (network cable). If that doesn't work outof the box, and it should try -
    Code:
    dhclient
    again as root. And don't forget to type exit into that console after you're finished su'ing to root!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2