Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Whats your fave distro?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Debian

1 33.33%
  • Red Hat

0 0%
  • Knoppix

2 66.67%
  • Other

0 0%
I am a newbie linux user and I have Knoppix Live CD 3.8.2, and I have some questions 1. What is the default root password? 2. When I turn off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HELP!!!

I am a newbie linux user and I have Knoppix Live CD 3.8.2, and I have some questions

1. What is the default root password?

2. When I turn off my computer, and run the cd again, it loses all my configurations for knoppix such as desktop wallpaper, etc. how can I save my linux configurations?

3.If i could save my configurations, what should i get: A usb flash drive, a USB external floppy drive (my pc dosen't have a floppy drive on it) a external usb zip drive, or should I partiton my HDD (what is the easiest way to do that?)

If you click on the penguin on the taskbar, you can bring up a root shell, type "passwd".
    If you explore through the menus on the K button, you will see the option for saving your settings, or making it constant, something to that effect.

A USB flash drive would be really good, as there is an option for saving to USB.

And the fave distro subject is a beaten down, dead horse., that has been made into sauce.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ