Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Originally Posted by LinuxDude And, what you said about "bye, bye, windows." is a very cruel thing to say. Windows Rocks BLASPHEMY. Someday you will understand.. tis true that formatting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxDude
    And, what you said about "bye, bye, windows." is a very cruel thing to say. Windows Rocks
    BLASPHEMY. Someday you will understand.. tis true that formatting Windows was a step forward, but it seems as though you are still Winblows dependent (we all were at one time). Just wipe your drive clean and start over fresh, sorry but formatting your Win drive with a Swap wasn't the greatest of ideas if you really wanted to keep Win. Best of luck to you.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux Newbie
    The easiest thing to do now would be to just delete all partitions from the HD and then run the recovery disk. If that doesn't work then just get hold of a proper Windows CD and install from that.

As to the Windows Rocks!! comment... it's not a good idea to say it on these forums, but I will never say Linux Rocks!!! until my modem works out of the box and I can play decent games without having to pay for cedega.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdodd13
    As to the Windows Rocks!! comment... it's not a good idea to say it on these forums, but I will never say Linux Rocks!!! until my modem works out of the box and I can play decent games without having to pay for cedega.
    True for the Windoze comment but umm... you can't call Unreal Tournament decent?! Cedega is meh anyways, just run native Linux games like UT, Quake, Neverwind Nights, etc. etc. If you must have others check this website out: http://frankscorner.org/ has a guide in there for a very easy Diablo II install, in fact the whole site is about Wine (the free one) so check it out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    True for the Windoze comment but umm... you can't call Unreal Tournament decent?! Cedega is meh anyways, just run native Linux games like UT, Quake, Neverwind Nights, etc. etc. If you must have others check this website out: http://frankscorner.org/ has a guide in there for a very easy Diablo II install, in fact the whole site is about Wine (the free one) so check it out.
    Yeh I used to play UT, but I'm not really a FPS man, I'm more into things like Warcraft (III and WoW). I've tried installing games using all sorts of guides for WINE, but network play has never worked so far (wow) and the fonts usually look a bit messed up.

Just Joined!
    just formatting your current drive again would certainly fix your problem, you would just lose all your files

Just Joined!
    the only thing that you can do is remove the live cd from your drive, install a floppy drive, make a boot disk for win,(unless you can boot off cd's) then install windows with an extra partition left blank for the linux distro(1-5gb depending upon the distro and swap space you want to use) after you have installed win reboot with the linux and install in the blank partition,(i might add that you may want to use diskdruid or annother simmilar program to make a swap/root partitions....

This may help erm all i can do is try

oh by the way you formated you hd and there is nothing you can do to fix it but reinstall HOPEFULLY ONLY LINUX

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdodd13
    Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    Yeh I used to play UT, but I'm not really a FPS man, I'm more into things like Warcraft (III and WoW). I've tried installing games using all sorts of guides for WINE, but network play has never worked so far (wow) and the fonts usually look a bit messed up.
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install...raft_with_wine
    Have you looked at that yet? Not for sure about the slow network thing, Google is God.

Linux Newbie
    I can get WoW installed fine (after about 3 hours) but it simply refuses to connect. It seems other people haven't had this problem, so its probably something to do with router settings...

Hmm.. that sucks.

Just Joined!
    (replying to andrewwood13's comment)

so if i delete all the partions from the HD and boot back into windows where it has that little O shaped thing, will i be able to boot a XP install CD from there?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast