Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, i've googled for this one, but I can't find anything about the newest Knoppix supporting Reiser4 . Since I would like to backup my install, I'm looking for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Reiser4 support on Knoppix?

Hi guys, i've googled for this one, but I can't find anything about the newest Knoppix supporting Reiser4 . Since I would like to backup my install, I'm looking for a live distro that can do that. I know Gentoo has a Reiser4 live-cd but looks like the don't got partimage (which I would like to use).

So does anyone know if Reiser4 is supported by Knoppix, or if it will be in the near future? I'm not that geek that I can rebuild bootable cd's and replace programs and kernels on them and stuff like that .

Thanks a lot
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

I seem to remember Kanotix having support for reiser4. I have it installed on my laptop, but I can't remember what filesistem I choose...
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux Engineer
    It does, thanks a lot But unfortunately the partimage version that comes with it does not
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **