Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have knoppix 3.8 live cd and was trying to install it onto my hard drive. I made a linux-swap partition using the qtparted v0.4.4. The linux-swap partition is about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows down trying to install knoppix to HD.

I have knoppix 3.8 live cd and was trying to install it onto my hard drive. I made a linux-swap partition using the qtparted v0.4.4. The linux-swap partition is about 500mb and the rest is windows NTFS partition. Theres no more space on my drive to creat a second root partition for linux. When I try to delete the linux-swap partition I get the error "The partition is mounted", so I tryd to boot back into windows and get a blue screen with the error 0X000000ED (0X8172D030, 0X000014F, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) . So.... I put the windows installation disk in tryd to run chkdsk /r and fixboot in the command prompt and it wont let me it states another error wich I cant remember. Back in qtparted it says that the linux-swap partition is busy?!

Any one have any suggestions at all???

Any help would be appretiated, thank you. Razta

Just Joined!
    Open root shell and type in "cfdisk"

Its sort of similar to the fdisk in windows. You should be able to delete whatever you want with it. Just make sure you save the changes, otherwise it won't do anything when you exit.