Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
For some reason, my monitor will not work with Knoppix on CD. I currently don't have any other monitors, and I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Monitor Issue

For some reason, my monitor will not work with Knoppix on CD. I currently don't have any other monitors, and I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me with this. Thanks.

What monitor do you have(specs if you have them), and what is the specific error you get from Knoppix when trying to boot?

Linux Newbie
    If you monitor goes blank after booting this may be because of incorrect refresh rate or high resolution, which is not supported by your monitor. Try to set lower resolution during the startup, 800x600 for ex.

Just Joined!
    Well, my monitor is a a Yamada, and I thnik my resolution is 1280 x 1024. The error I get is a little blue box pops up saying "Signal Out Of Range" and it just keeps blinking.

oz
    forum.guy
    Your refresh rates are too high for your monitor. You might be able to set a cheatcode at boot to get them lower. Check the boot options when Knoppix first begins to load. Try something like: knoppix vsync=70 or knoppix vsync=60

Just Joined!
    Say what? I'm a total moron with Linux so far, can you explain to me what you meant?

When you want to boot the knoppix cd, type one of those commands, vsync =70, and then hit ENTER.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

oz
    forum.guy
    When the Knoppix CD is first accessed at boot, you have a "start screen" and just a few seconds to enter any special parameters/commands on the command line, and the Knoppix CD then boots using those settings. Pressing the F-keys should give you a listing of most of the available options. Enter one of the commands I typed out above, or any other command you wish to use and press ENTER.

Just Joined!
    Alright, it works. Thank you all for being so understanding. Every other forum I've went to and asked something all reply with like "noob" or "1earn t0 hax pls"....I hate them

Quote Originally Posted by eXXXploit
    Alright, it works. Thank you all for being so understanding. Every other forum I've went to and asked something all reply with like "noob" or "1earn t0 hax pls"....I hate them
    Those guys are jerks! And don't believe the hype - it's usually a 1337 way of telling you they don't know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast